Back to Home page
Aims and Objectives
§ To coordinate a strategic, multi-agency approach which seeks to address all
relevant, agency based issues that have a direct or indirect affect on community safety.
§ To facilitate targeting of young people at risk of offending, at risk of family breakdown or "children in need"
§ To facilitate support for parents and families struggling to deal with disaffected children.
§ To identify community work programmes that rehabilitates offenders and improves the environment to the benefit of the community at large.
§ To coordinate the agencies and voluntary groups on the area in order that a structured programme is in place to support strong bids for funding.
§ To consult with the public in order to identify the needs of the community.
§ To undertake a programme of education around issues of target hardening and crime prevention without significantly increasing the fear of crime especially among elderly residents.
Projects: short/medium term
· Planning For Real Exercise. This will involve mapping, Focus Groups, Public Meetings
etc and will identify issues under the 5 different headings used by Neighbourhood Renewal.
· Develop links with Youth Inclusion Project and Probation Service
· Support/funding for Parenting Courses
· Education (residents) - Various Community Safety Initiatives - Crime Prevention Officer
· Continue to develop Police and Community Partnership working through Action Group and directly with the local residents through the Residents Drop-in Meetings
· Continue to develop partnerships with Portway Community School & The Traders Association in Shire
· Develop stronger ties with the Neighbourhood Watch Network in Shire
· Develop partnerships to address Truancy
· There is a new initiative to set up a forum to preplan/bid for resources for holiday activities across the Portway School catchment area. This is also relevant to the Youth Support Group.
Back to Home page