What is a Community Plan?
- Identifies local problems & opportunities
- Sets out an achievable and long term vision for the future
- Prepares a plan of action to achieve this vision
The views of all of the community will be gathered through a comprehensive survey & community participation/consultation events. The plan involves looking at all aspects of living and/or working in a community and usually has sections on community safety, heath, traffic and transport, community facilities/buildings, housing & planning, parks and green spaces, employment and enterprise etc. It can include everything we think is relevant in Shire and we can decide what's important to us!Who’s doing it?
This is a partnership project led by local residents, Shire Community Action Forum (SCAF) and Cotswold Community Association.
Why do a Community Plan for Shirehampton?
- Gives the whole community the opportunity to have their say
- It provides detailed information of what is important to our community
- Gives a snapshot of what are the community issues that need addressing now, and provides a vision of where we would like to be in the future with a clear action plan
- Gives Bristol City Council documented views and evidence of what residents in Shire see as important and what our community needs
- It provides useful information and supporting evidence when making grant & funding applications and attracting investment to our community