What is a Community Plan?
- Identifies local problems & opportunities
- Sets out an achievable and long term vision for the future
- Prepares a plan of action to achieve this vision
For the full plan, click
For a summary click
The views of all of the community were gathered through a comprehensive
survey & community participation/consultation events. The plan
involves looking at all aspects of living and/or working in a community
and has sections on community safety, heath, traffic and
transport, community facilities/buildings, housing & planning,
parks and green spaces, employment and enterprise etc. It can include
everything we think is relevant in Shire and we can decide what's
important to us!
Who did it?
This was a partnership project led by
local residents, Shire Community Action Forum (SCAF) and Cotswold
Why do a Community Plan for Shirehampton?
- Gives the whole community the opportunity to have their say
- It provides detailed information of what is important to
- Gives a snapshot of what are the community issues that need
addressing now, and provides a vision of where we would like to be in
the future with a clear action plan
- Gives Bristol City Council documented views and evidence of
what residents in Shire see as important and what our community needs
- It provides useful information and supporting evidence when
making grant & funding applications and attracting investment
to our community